Day to remember the struggle for equal opportunities, equity among people and the constant education of society in egalitarian values. Day to raise awareness of the presence of women in all areas, on equal terms.
Focusing on the role currently played by women in the digital marketing sector; can we talk about equal conditions and opportunities between genders? What are the keys to women’s professional success today? Who are women examples in the digital marketing and advertising sector?
The empowerment of women is transforming the way things are done in the digital world and has created a new wave of digital consumers who are becoming opinion leaders.
Why, because their consumption habits and behavior set trends and, above all, because they are half of the population.
Women’s empowerment starts with you
If you are a woman and you work in the world of digital marketing, here are some tips to advance your career:
- Don’t stop training yourself to be always up to date with the continuous novelties that the digital marketing sector entails.
- Analyze and continuously measure the results of your work.
- Specialize in a specific area by investing time and resources to position yourself on a higher professional scale.
- Give voice to your own professional experience through social networks, to show your knowledge and provide value to other professionals in the sector.
- Develop strategies that promote socio-cultural changes in your environment.
How to promote female leadership in companies?
Companies are active drivers of change, and of course the struggle of women is no exception. At the corporate level, there are many measures that can be taken to promote women’s empowerment and equality:
- Ensure equal conditions, opportunities and challenges for all male and female employees.
- Provide equal opportunities for positions of power.
- Ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all male and female employees.
- Evaluating and disseminating progress towards gender equality.
- Promoting the education, training and professional development of women.
Whatever your gender and whatever your job title, there is much you can do to improve the situation of women in digital marketing and in society in general. We invite you to make your mark in digital marketing and also, why not, to help build equity in the professional sphere.